Saturday, November 25, 2006

Hey, Baby! What’s Your Sign?

Don’t worry it’s not a pick-up line. During the summer mommy and I took baby sign language classes and guess what? I have been signing. I have been signing “more” for the last few weeks but I wasn’t sure what it meant. I would occasionally sign it during a meal but not consistently. Well, it finally makes sense. I sign “more” when I want more food and mommy willingly obliges. Sometimes I even sign “more” if I want something and mommy sometimes gives it to me but it all depends what it is. I have also learned to sign, “finished”. I understand “bath”, “poop” and the all-important “milk” but those are a little harder for me to sign. This signing thing is fun! It’s nice to know mommy, daddy and I can have an open line of communication. Now if I can just work at signing, “show me the money” I would have it made!

I did it! I did it! I did it! I stood all by myself. Unassisted, no parents, no props just the ground and me. I planted all fours on the ground, picked up my favourite toy, a ball, lifted my bum in the air, lifted up my head, used my hands to push me up and brought the shoulders up and stood on my own two feet for a second. It was long enough for mommy and daddy to witness. By the time they got the camera out I got a bit of stage fright. You know I am building them up for the big moment. I am sure they think I walk when they aren’t looking. Hey, you never know, I may be walking by my first birthday.

Can you believe that there’s snow on the ground? When there’s snow you know that reindeers aren’t too far away. What do you think reindeers eat? Why Cheerios of course. We got into the festive mood this week as mommy and I were out doing a little bit of Christmas shopping. Mommy didn’t want to have to do all her shopping during the big rush. You know why? It’s so she can get all her Christmas shopping out of the way and focus on my birthday of course.


Well that’s it for this week! Get out and make a snow angel. I would if I could just coordinate the whole arm and leg motion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love those new pics, kiyah!!! did you make a snow angel with mommy?

try to keep those little toes warm & dry. it's still mighty cold out there. *brrrrr*