Friday, November 17, 2006

Ready or Not, Here I Come

What do you get when you put an over-excited driver with no sense of direction in front of a four-wheeled walker? Kiyah trying to walk, of course! This week mommy decided to test my walking skills and let me walk all by myself with my walker. Okay so I am not the most steady on my feet but I am working on it. I have had a few crashes and added a few more dents to the walls but I have managed to make a couple laps around the living room. Walking is so much fun and my knee doesn’t have to hurt either. I still have a lot more work to do but a few more weeks of this and I may be walking all by myself. I of course have been walking with mommy’s help but after a few minutes she complains about back-pain! Geesh! You would think she was old or something!!

This week amidst the blustery weather mommy and I managed to have a couple lunch dates with a few of my favourites aunties. We had wonderful French food and I showed off some of my food throwing abilities. According to auntie Char I seem to have an affinity for hairy French men. Don’t tell daddy! He’s already told me I can’t date till I am thirty.

As well mommy made us go and get a flu shot. Mommy asked daddy to come for reinforcement. She was all prepared for tears and crying. Toys and Kleenex were in hand. Little did she know that she would use them more than me because I didn’t shed a single tear. The doctor said I was his best little patient. I stared the needle in the eye and watched it go in. You should have seen the look on my parents’ faces. I guess they didn’t know that I had swallowed some courage before my appointment or was it the socks?


Well that’s it for this week! Make sure to not drink the murky water and stay dry!

PS If you were wo
ndering the socks were clean! It's my itchy teeth that's causing me to stick and lick everything in my mouth!

2 comments:

vespertine said...

Hi Kiyah!
It was so much fun hanging out with you last week...I hope I get to see your "fun side" more often! I also quite love the picture with you and the socks...compliments to Mommy for the shot! Just remember not to chew on used socks...they will leave a yucky taste in your mouth!
Let us oggle at Frenchmen again sometime ;)
Auntie Junior

snerk said...

Working really puts a damper on how often I get to hang out ... anyway, we missed seeing you and your parents today at church. Hope you guys are doing well!